In Bel Air, California, Bruce Makowsky who is the developer of this ultra modern mansion, recently he unveiled his most ambitious project yet, 924 Bel Air Road. Listed at US$250 million it is the most expensive home ever listed in the United States. Whoever buys 924 Bel Air not only gets the home, but a full-time, 7-person staff for 2 years, a US$30 million car collection and all of the artwork, wine, furnishings and extras you can imagine.
According to CNBC, the “auto gallery” features some of the rarest, fastest and most expensive cars in the world and come with the home. The collection includes a one-of-a-kind Pagani Huayra ($2 million+); the famous “Von Krieger” 1936 Mercedes 540 K Special Roadster($15 million+); and 10 of the rarest and fastest motorcycles ever built.
The most expensive home ever sold globally is believed to be a US$221 million penthouse in London, England. Globally, there are homes listed for more than US$300 million but none in the U.S. tops Makowsky’s US$250 million listing. [source]
– List price: US$250 million (previous US record $195 million mansion in Manalapan, Florida)
– 38,000 sq. ft. over 4 floors with 2 commercial elevators lined in alligator skin and handcrafted, polished steel staircase
– 12 bedrooms, 21 bathrooms, 3 kitchens, 6 bars, massage and spa room, fitness center, bowling alley
– 2 wine and champagne cellars, 85 ft Infinity pool, 40-person home theatre, 18×12 ft retractable outdoor tv screen
– Includes $US 30 million car collection, all artworks, wine and champagne collection, helicopter, boat
– Comes with 7 pre-paid, full-time staff including chef, chauffeur and masseuse for two years
In an interview with CNBC, Makowsky likens the home more to a megayacht than a house, stating:
Megayachts have gone from 150 feet to 300 feet or more and they can cost up to $500 million,” he said. “People spend two weeks a year on a yacht, but they live in a house. I wanted this to be the ultimate megayacht, but on land.” [source]
For more information visit 924belair.com.