BuzzFeed asked their Community to tell them what annoys them most in horror stories and the community responded in the most remarkable way.
1. Protagonists coming up with witty dialogue in life-threatening situations.
2. Scary shit always appearing behind someone when they look in a bathroom mirror – especially after closing a cabinet.
3. The black character dying first.
4. Or a sexually liberated woman.
5. Someone choosing to hide in an incredibly obvious place.
6. Killers ALWAYS being one step behind, no matter how slow they appear to be walking.
7. Someone calling out to a potential threat in the hopes of getting an answer.
8. Villains delivering an elaborate monologue giving away their intentions, which allows their victim to escape.
9. Jump scares involving animals – which is usually a cat for some reason.
10. The killer getting knocked down but no one bothering to further incapacitate them.
11. Cell phones always being dead or having no signal.
12. And flashlights flickering and then running out of battery at the worst possible moment.
13. Characters not turning on the lights when in danger.
14. Doors never opening when someone is in immediate danger.
15. The car not starting until the crucial moment when the killer is right at the door.
16. People running past an obvious escape route.
17. Villains who just refuse to die.
18. Characters tripping up over thin air while running away from a killer.
19. People never leaving their new home after some seriously spooky shit has gone down.
20. Someone hearing a noise coming from the attic and going to investigate it on their own.
21. The skeptical husband/boyfriend who doesn’t believe their partner despite witnessing some weird shit themselves.
22. Characters in found footage films who ALWAYS keep filming.
23. Groups deciding to split up and investigate strange going ons like they’re in goddamn Scooby Doo.
24. Protagonist having a weapon and then just fucking dropping it.
25. Characters never having their phone on silent while hiding, and of course, their phone then ringing at the WORST possible moment.
26. And no one ever calling the goddamn police.