Hui Renjie, 25, who purchased a Note7 in China that was deemed “safe” with a non-defective battery, claims his phone blew up Monday and burned two of his fingers and damaged his MacBook Pro in the process, according to Bloomberg.
In China: Samsung customer says his new Note 7 phone burst into flames https://t.co/IFbBz69ETG
— Charles Riley (@CRrileyCNN) September 27, 2016
The phone was charging when it started to smoke, before bursting into flames, he said.
A Samsung representative visited Renjie to obtain the phone for investigation but he declined, fearing the company wouldn’t reveal the real reason for the fire. Renjie told Bloomberg he planned to publicize the incident.
Renjie provided several photos, a receipt and a video (the latter two weren’t published online) of the destroyed Note7 to CNNMoney, which you can see at the top of this story and below.
A man says his new Samsung Galaxy Note 7 caught fire while charging and it could lead to another country added to the large recall. BU-114TU pic.twitter.com/6dpfQtoVb3
— CNN Newsource (@CNNNewsource) September 27, 2016