Apple’s new iOS 11 update allows users to select and type with one-handed keyboards — which allows you to more conveniently use your thumb to type when only one hand is available.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Open up your iPhone keyboard in the Notes or Messenger apps.
2. Press down and hold the emoji button (located at the bottom left of the standard keyboard).
3. Three keyboard options will appear in the settings: Left-handed, standard, and right-handed. Select what works best.
4. Once a one-handed keyboard is selected, a “chevron” sign will appear on the side of the keyboard. Selecting that will allow you to return to normal (aka standard) keyboard settings.
One-handed keyboards can also be made a default option:
1. Go to the settings app.
2. Select “General > Keyboard.”
3. Tap one-handed keyboard and choose either right or left. Or return here to turn it “Off” if you’d like to return the advanced world of two-handed keyboard typing.
That’s all there is to it! Now you no longer have to suffer through the tyranny of having tiny hands and a gigantic iPhone screen.