Woman’s Headphones Explode During Flight

Woman’s Headphones Explode During Flight

According to a report, a woman flying from Beijing to Melbourne last month got a horrible surprise. She suffered bad burns on her face and hand after the battery-operated headphones that she was wearing exploded on her face mid-flight.

The accident was on February 19th, last month. She told the Australian Transport Safety Bureau that she was listening to music when the explosion happened.

She didn’t expect the battery-operated headphones to explode on her face. It all happened fast. “As I went to turn around I felt burning on my face. I just grabbed my face, which caused the headphones to go around my neck,” she said. Flight attendants acted quickly and poured a bucket of water over the headphones. The battery and cover had melted by that time and were stuck to the floor.

The ATSB thinks that the batteries are at fault, but didn’t identify the company that made the headphones. Hopefully, this is an isolated incident and the possibility of this happening again remains slim.

Loading...

Leave a Reply